Hibs have tonight went back to St Johnstone with another bid for defender Jamie McCart.
The Hibees have already had a number of offers rejected by the Perth club, and had been waiting on the outcome of their European tie, with McCart said to be open to the move should they go out, and St Johnstone now without the extra European finances, could be tempted to accept.
However, Hibs could have competition for the 24-year-old, with both Swansea City and Bournemouth said to be keen on the player.
It's now a waiting game for boss Jack Ross, to see if the Saints accept the offer, with the transfer window in it's last week.
McCart would be an excellent signing for the club.
He has been outstanding for the Saintees, and is still young enough to develop futher.
Hibs are short on central defenders, and this would be an excellent deal, however, we could face competition should the other two clubs decide to move.
They would be able to blow us out the water wages wise, and you couldn't blame the player for making the move south.
Let's hope we pull it off.
Tell us what you think on our forum HERE