Hibernian 2 Livingston 1

Hibs got over their derby disappointment with a testing 2-1 win over Livingston at Easter Road.

Two goals in the first half were enough to see off a Livi team that improved as the game wore on. Hibs' first chance came after six minutes, Garry O'Connor sidefooting wide when under pressure.

It wasn't to be O'Connor's night though as ten minutes later he was forced off with an injury.

Hibs' first goal arrived on eight minutes, a deep free-kick cross finding Guillaume Beuzelin at the back post to nod Hibs into the lead.

The visitors were tested with dangerous crosses again and again by Hibs and they didn't learn their lesson as halfway through the first period Hibs scored again. A Stephen Glass cross was met by Steven Fletcher to make it 2-0.

The Livi management would have been thankful that half-time came when it did as the Hibs midfield controlled the half and the visiting players began to lose their discipline leading to four bookings in the first half.

Hibs started the second-half as they ended the first and almost added to their tally but Derek Riordan glanced his header onto the bar from a Steven Whittaker cross.

Fifteen minutes into the second half ex-Hibs striker Marc Libbra was on for Livi and he made an immediate impact. He was involved in a tangle with Steven Whittaker on the edge of the box and Hugh Dallas had no hesitation in awarding the spot-kick which Derek Lilley tucked away.

The rest of the game was more of a contest than the first half with Livi causing far more problems for Hibs although they couldn't find the breakthrough.

In particular Lions right-back Gustavo Bahoken looked lively, but on a cold Edinburgh night not enough of his team-mates could muster what was required to form a fightback.

Hibs thought that they had sealed the win on 73 minutes when Fletcher slid in a shot of the post, but the linesman's flag was up and the fans had to take their seats again.

Livi continued to battle and Derek Riordan was sent free for Hibs before the end, but Roddy McKenzie saved his shot as Hibs held on for the three points.